Why join a church anyway?
It's a good question. There seems to be a trend to not commit to anything and just seek to get benefit from it. But there are some good reasons to join:
- To show that we share an agreed mission in life.
- To demonstrate our commitment in that mission to one another.
- To declare that we are honoring the Lord with our time and money at this local church.
- To place ourselves in accountable and supportive relationships as we make our spiritual journey.
There is currently a two-step process to join in membership at Eastern Hills:
involves taking two one-hour classes. They are creatively called Membership 101 and Membership 102. Class descriptions and dates are listed below.
An introduction to our mission and values
A brief review of the history of the church and the ministry of the Lead Pastor
An overview of our involvements locally, regionally and internationally
A walk through what it means to be a Christian and how you can share your grace story with other people.
- A look at how God has wired us with our personality, passions and unique spiritual gifts.
- An overview of what it means to function well as a team, including dealing with conflict
- Expectations for each other, group to people and people to group.
These classes are held three times per year on successive months. Because we want to make sure that those leading our church are committed to the common mission, there are some leading roles that require you be a member to fill that role.
Upcoming classes are tentatively scheduled as follows:
Membership 101 - June 11, 2017 // Membership 102 - June 18, 2017
RSVP for a Class
is an interview about your faith journey by one of the staff, followed by a vote of affirmation by the Board.
Questions? Please contact Katie Bartolone at email@example.com or 716-688-7165 ext. 101.