Kindergarten thru 5th Grade
What is Upstreet?
It's a place where children in Kindergarten to 5th Grade learn about the Bible, meet friends, talk about God and participate in meaningful worship on Sundays at 9am and 11am.
We want to make sure these three principles stay with your children:
- I need to make the wise choice
- I can trust God no matter what
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated
Why should my child attend Upstreet?
Spiritual Growth! "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." -Luke 2:52
The focus on Upstreet is our small groups. Our prayer is for kids to see how God's Word fits into their life, to learn how to talk to Him, and to build friendships that will last.
That's why it is so important for parents to enroll their child and bring them regularly to the same service hour. It's the same small group every week, the same leader, the same kids.
That way they get connected, and we have the best chance to establish a relationship that's going to matter when they need it most.
The morning is divided into 3 segments:
- Plug In - Children are introduced to a weekly topic, participate in a warm up activity and are greeted by their small group.
- Power Up - This is where the children hear a Bible Story. We use costumes, props and characters from the story - anything that makes the bible come to life. We also carve out time each week for kids to sing as loud as they want to tell God how much they love Him using meaningful worship.
- Catch on - Children meet back in small groups to discuss how the Bible point applies to them. They participate in prayer time, games, crafts and a snack with their small group.
Questions about UpStreet? Contact Melissa Hartwig (716-688-7165 ext. 102).