There is currently a two-step process to join in membership at Eastern Hills.
Step one involves attending our “Discover the Mission” Membership Class. You may like the idea of belonging to the church, but might be confused about the mission of the church and how you fit in. In this class, Pastor Pat will present some of these topics:
- An introduction to our mission and values
- A brief review of the history and ministries of the church
- A walk through of what it means to be a Christian and how you can share your grace story with other people.
- A look at how God has wired us with our personality, passions and unique spiritual gifts
- Expectations for each other, group to people and people to group
These classes are held four times per year within our spiritual formation calendar. Because we want to make sure that those leading our church are committed to the common mission, there are some leading roles that require you be a member to fill that role.
Step two is an interview about your faith journey by one of the staff, followed by a vote of affirmation by the Board.
Our next class is tentatively scheduled as follows:
“Discover the Mission” Membership Class
Sunday, February 10, 11:30am
in the Living Room
(lunch will be provided)
Please RSVP using the form below.
Questions? Please contact Corey Nieman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-688-7165 ext. 110.